Give your views on plans for the future of Daventry District
People living and working in Daventry District are being encouraged to get involved in an important planning consultation on the future of the area.
Over the next nine weeks, Daventry District Council (DDC) is urging people to give their views on the emerging draft Settlements and Countryside Local Plan. This is a significant planning policy document, containing detailed guidance that would help shape local decision-making on future planning issues.
In particular, the draft Plan identifies four sites in Daventry for building about 1,200 extra new homes over the next 12 years to meet the town’s housing needs:
- 800 homes in South West Daventry on land opposite the Grange estate, along the A45 between the A361 and A425.
- Extending Micklewell Park by 180 homes.
- An additional 100 homes on land at Middlemore, Daventry.
- 120 homes in Daventry as part of the proposed WaterSpace and retail developments at Eastern Way.
The document also sets out proposals to create ‘green wedges’ on the town’s surrounding areas to protect the nearby villages of Welton, Staverton, Braunston and Norton.
The consultation runs until Friday, 26 January 2018. Residents are encouraged to attend a series of public exhibitions to find out more about the Draft plan. These will be held at Weedon, Naseby, Moulton, Daventry, Welford, Crick, Long Buckby, Woodford Halse and Brixworth over the next two weeks.
Following the consultation, DDC will then consider the responses received. They will be taken into account in preparing the proposed submission version of the Plan which will be consulted on in summer 2018, followed by an examination of the Plan by an Inspector appointed by the Secretary of State. Adoption is anticipated to take place in summer 2019.
Members of the Local Strategy Team will be available to answer questions at a series of public exhibitions:
|Weedon Village Hall Annex
|Tuesday 28th November
|Naseby Village Hall
|Wednesday 29th November
|Thursday 30th November
|Friday 1st December
|Welford Village Hall
|Monday 4th December
|Crick Old School
|Tuesday 5th December
|Long Buckby Community Centre
|Wednesday 6th December
|Dryden Hall, Woodford Halse
|Wednesday 6th December
|Thursday 7th December
- View the Draft Plan, consultation documents and all supporting background information at www.daventrydc.gov.uk/localplan or at the Daventry District Council Offices in Lodge Road, Daventry or at local libraries.
- Complete the comments form online at www.daventrydc.gov.uk/localplan. Parish councils are also welcome to nominate Local Green Spaces using a specific form available on the website.